Ethnic Group provides a granular reporting of a students' self-reported race / ethnicity from application data or self service reporting. Student records may have more than one Ethnic Group, with one reported as primary. Ethnic Groups map into broader race / ethnicity categories: American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, Native Hawaiian/Oth Pac Island, and White.
|Where Term Appears|
|Office of the Registrar|
|Logical Transformation / Calculation|
|OBIEE Folder and Column|
Examples of Race / Ethnicity categories and their corresponding Ethnic Groups include:
- American Indian/Alaska Native (Alaskan Na, Am. Ind, Cahto, Chemehuevi), Asian (As Indi, Asian, Cambodian, Chinese, Filipino, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Othr Asian, Othr SE As, Pakistani, Taiwanese, Thai, Vietnamese)
- Black/African American (Afr Amer, Black, Black Pref, Othr Black)
- Hispanic/Latino (Central Am, Cuban, Guatemalan, Hispanic, Mexican, Mexican-Am, Othr Latin, Puerto Ric, Salvadoran, South Amer)
- Native Hawaiian/Oth Pac Island (Guamanian, Hawaii/Pac, Hawaiian, Othr PacIs, Palauan, Samoan)
- Not Specified (2 or More, Decline, Decline HL, No Respons, Not Specif, Other Othr NonW)
- White (European, Othr White, White)
From "Entering Ethnicity Information":
|Ethnic Group||This field allows you to select multiple ethnic backgrounds.
Click the Add button to add more than one ethnic group.
|Ethnic Category||The system populates this field based on the value in the EEO Ethnic Group field for U.S. regulatory region ethnic groups or the Ethnic Category for ethnic groups tracked for other regulatory regions.
For any ethnic group codes with a regulatory region of USA, this field should always map to one of these five races:
For further information on guidelines for mapping ethnic group codes to the five races, see http://nces.ed.gov/statprog/2002/std1_5.asp.
- Oracle. PeopleSoft Campus Solutions 9.2. Campus Community Fundamentals. Retrieved from: https://docs.oracle.com/cd/F18134_01/cs92pbr13/eng/cs/lscc/task_ManagingPersonalAttributesInformation-ab6c25.html#u2fdc246f-d16d-44eb-80e2-7d1703ba0134.